Videos: Fire Suppression
FireIce XT Aerosol Comparison with Generic ABC Extinguisher
Watch the new FireIce XT Aerosol 20 ounce canister take on a generic ABC extinguisher in a variety of fire scenarios including these time stamped comparisons:
Stovetop Fire: 00:56
Oven Fire: 01:52
Lithium-ion Battery Fire: 02:35
Waterproof Flare Fire: 03:31
Tire Fire: 05:02
Wood Fire: 06:09
As the manufacturer, GelTech, describes it:
Firelce XT Aerosol uses a specially formulated water-based eco-friendly agent that is a safe and effective alternative to traditional ABC dry chemical agents used in common extinguishers, without the risk of inhalation, damage to skin or eyes, or harmful residues.
Unlike the FireIce XT Aerosol, additives found in most dry chemical extinguishers impose significant risk of lung disease with repeated exposure. And while the risk of target organ toxicity after a single exposure is not expected, the long-term risk after repeated exposure is unclear. ABC dry chemical exposure also causes immediate risks with inhalation, skin and eye exposure.
All dry chemical extinguishers require a specially fluidized and siliconized monoammonium phosphate powder (the active ingredient), most often coupled with ammonium sulfate. Generally,the dry chemicals are considered hazardous materials; they cannot be washed away in a sewer or landfill, must be swept up or vacuumed, contained in a hazardous waste drum, and hauled away for recovery or disposal.
Inadequate cleanup can lead to hazardous decomposition byproducts like oxides of carbon, ammonia, and oxides of phosphorus, nitrogen oxides.Watch The Video
Introduction to FireIce
FireIce 20 ounce Aerosol
Stop Fire Cold! FireIce XT 20 oz. Aerosol is an environmentally-friendly, gel-based fire suppressant. FireIce XT 20 oz. Aerosol utilizes the same powerful suppression agent as contained in the FireIce UL-Listed Extinguisher, making it capable of containing a fire up to 5,000° F.
- FireIce XT is environmentally-friendly and non-toxic, safe to be used around people, pets plants and water sources.
- No messy residue, smells or chemicals. It’s easier to use than a traditional fire extinguisher and easily wipes clean with water.
- Suppresses Class A fires, and wood, plastic, fiberglass, tires, carbon fiber, lithium-ion batteries.
- Excellent for use in home, office, kitchen, RV, boat, fireplace, or garage.
- Single use with 18-20 second run-time, the FireIce XT 20 oz. Aerosol is capable of suppressing 64 square feet of fire.
- It’s high-density construction and sturdy design makes the FireIce XT 20 oz. Aerosol a dependable choice.
- The single “handle-direction” orientation makes the FireIce XT 20 oz. Aerosol intuitive for anyone to use during an emergency.
- A lightweight, slim profile makes it easy to store and easy for anyone to handle. Do not allow aerosol canister to freeze.
- FireIce XT agent is UL711 Compliant.
- FireIce XT is compliant with DOT 2Q DSC M5749, and contains no CFCs or VOCs per EPA & California Air Resource Board.
- Made in the USA.
Not intended to replace a required NFPA10 -compliant extinguisher.
Now available in FireIce ST formula specifically designed for maximum penetration and ideal for lithium battery fires.Watch The Video
Car Fire With Eductor
In this video, a fully engulfed car fire is extinguished using FireIce XT applied through an educted line.Watch The Video
Car Fire with Extinguishers
In this video, a fully engulfed car fire is attacked by two firefighters equipped with a FireIce 2.5 Gallon Fire Extinguisher filled with FireIce XT.Watch The Video
Magnesium Fire with Eductor
In this video, a magnesium fire is extinguished using FireIce XT applied through an eductor.Watch The Video
Tire and Magnesium Fire with Extinguisher
Watch as a firefighter extinguishes several burning tires and a pile of magnesium shavings using a FireIce 2.5 Gallon Extinguisher filled with FireIce XT.Watch The Video